Preparing and back office: almost perfect (except little remarks, see below Guiding (Namgyal): could not be better, perfect Trekking crew: could not be better, perfect, especially again Tulak
Horse driver: excellent and very kind Drivers: all drivers drove safely and comfortable. Friendly, if for us to fast, immediately reaction on admonition Hotels and guesthouses:
1. Leh, Hotel Lha-ling-kha: good middle class hotel, friendly, meals rather good, from expect of situation quiet but loud Indian guests
2. Pangong Retreat: Luxury tents, meals good – not excellent, mostly friendly, situated a bit crowded but good lake view, hot shower only in morning instead of late afternoon/early evening.
3. Hunder Sand-dunes-view: best of all, marvelous garden, good rooms with much place, quiet, excellent meals, very kindly, very recommendable
4. Likir, Hotel Lhukhil: friendly, quiet, situated above grain-field, meals good – better than 2013
5. Thimosgang, Hotel Namra: a little uppity, personal: 1 working, 2 standing around, And room: bathroom from neighbor spends light all the night, bad sleep, meals good, would prefer stop in Hemis Shukpatshanthis hotel was against the itinerary. Would not recommend one’s more,
6. Lamayuru: Hotel Moonland: New hotel is a building lot, new rooms quickly made, will be quickly defect, balcony with good view to Gompa and mountains, kitchen in old hotel rather good, crew friendly
7. Hotel in Kargil: not bad for this city, behavior of personal not comparable to Ladakhi, meals ok.
8. Srinagar: Houseboat. Hill toors Khaliq Wangnoo: Excellent equipment for 40 years boat, excellent waiter Achat, good kook, bathroom not very clean, Organizer Selim (?): loud, little obtrusive, looks not so much for guests, but brings them to expensive shops and encashs his provision. Double booking by Overland Escape causes confusion, compared with earlier stays: very loud and long muezzin speeches by loudspeakers, dogs, during day: motorboat-waterski
9. Delhi: Pride Plaza: check in from arrival to entering room needs 75 min: You should send in advance: all dates of travelers, who are the couples etc, Confusion with booking MAP. Well styled hotel with 1 working person on 5 standing around, very good rooms, excellent clean bathrooms, loud Indians around, excellent buffet, expensive separate lunch, and full 20 min waiting on luggage when checking out.
Flights: both flights happened without problems, 15 kg luggage to Leh is not enough. (Charging additional)
Flight-transfers and meetings at airport: perfect, all on time
Excursions in Leh with monk-guide: excellent knowledge’s, speaks to fast and with accent, so often we were not able to follow him, too many details, but he tried his best
Shikara excursion: was marvelous except with presence of organizer
Delhi excursion: perfect, excellent guide
Thank you again to all who made our tour to a tour with very positive reminders