A one day workshop on safety and cleanliness on Chadar Trek was held on Jan 2. It was organised by District Administration Leh. Anvy Lavasa, DC, LAHDC, stressed on safety during the Chadar trek and also focused on the protection of environment. Tsetan Angchuk, ALTOA President informed about the single window system facility provided in Leh at TIC for pre-medical checkup, insurance, wildlife permit and ALTOA NOC.
Pankaj Raina, Wildlife Warden, spoke about the regulations, facilities created and the steps to follow the procedures. He informed that only 100 tourists will be allowed per day and timings will be from 8 am to 5 pm for the Chadar trek.
Satellite phone facility will be provided by SDRF (State Disaster Response Fund). Two helipads will be facilitated for those who face critical condition. An initiative has also been taken to ensure proper collection of waste generated during the trek.
Chadar is not meant for Mass Tourism. It is fragile and precious. Chadar has limited carrying capacity and mass tourist treks cannot be operated as it is a threat to the flora, fauna, and ecology at large. Hence, for the safety of the environment and to work with sustainable tourism practices, the following decisions are implemented.
1. It will be mandatory for all tourists, foreign and domestic to have medical insurance when they apply for Chadar trek failing which the permits shall not be issued. Free medical facilities during the trek will be provided for only those tourists with smart rescue card.
2. It will also be mandatory all the tourists to undertake pre medical checkup before the trek.
The following SOPs shall be followed on their arrival in Leh:
1. Mandatory 3 nights stay in Leh on Arrival for Rest and Acclimatization
2. Day 3 – Get Medical, Insurance, Wildlife Permit and ALTOA NOC
3. Persons found medically unfit will not be issued Clearance
4. Anyone found in violation of these rules will attract strict measures from the District Administration.
Starting From : ₹750
Starting From : ₹27,600
Starting From : ₹44,473
Starting From : ₹2,080
Starting From : ₹5,000
Starting From : ₹1,800
Starting From : ₹5,065
Starting From : ₹5,000
Starting From : ₹5,550
Starting From : ₹900
Starting From : ₹53,834.60