THE ADMINISTRATION OF UNION TERRITORY OF LADAKH TOURISM & CULTURE DEPARTMENT
Applicability of permission issued by the District Magistrates of Leh&Kargil inn the Arayan Valley of Darchiks, Garkone, Dha, Hanu & Its adjacent villages.
1. Whereas, the famous Aryan Valley mainly comprises four prominent villages namely; Dha&Hanu which falls under the jurisdiction of Leh, District, and Darchiks&Garkone which falls under the jurisdiction of Kargil District.
2. Whereas, the foreign tourists intending to visit the Aryan Valley are required to get the Inner Line Permit from the respective District Magistrates/Deputy Commissioners of Leh&Kargil Districts of UT, Ladakh.
3. Whereas, the permission being granted by either of the District Magistrate/ Deputy Commissioner is only applicable within its own jurisdiction.
4.Whereas, the tourists who have permission to visit the Aryan village of one district is not being allowed to move to the villages of other districts.
5. Whereas, it has been informed that it creates a lot of inconveniences for foreign tourists due to which the number of foreigners visiting Aryan Valley is declining.
6. It is therefore ordered that henceforth, in order to boost the tourism sector in the Union Territory of Ladakh, the Inner Line Permit issued by the District Magistrate/Deputy Commissioner of Leh and Kargil would be
applicable to the villages of Dha, Hanu, Darchiks, Garkone and its adjacent villages falling within the Aryan Valley of both the districts.
7.This issues with the approval of the competent Authority.